Sunday, April 7, 2019

Tom Ford 2019 Ready To Wear Collection

2019
Tom Ford is showing off a much calmer look for this years Spring/Summer collection.
2018
In the words of Vogue journalist Nicole Phelps “The master of fabulous excess and full-tilt glamour is opting for simplicity”

Nicole also covered his New York show last year and the difference in overall vibe is just screaming at you.

As you can see from the pictures, Tom has really toned down his style this year.
2019

2018

” I always begin each collection as a reaction to the previous season. I feel that fashion has somehow lost it’s way a bit and it is easy for all of us to be swept up in trends that have lost touch with what women and men want to actually wear. So I did not want to make clothes that were ironic, or clever but simply clothes that were beautiful.

This season I decided to take some time to think about why I wanted to become a fashion designer and what it was that I loved doing and consequently what I feel men and women really want in their lives. I became a fashion designer because I wanted to make men and women feel more beautiful and to empower them with a feeling of confidence. A feeling of knowing that they looked their best and could then present their best selves to the world. I wanted to make clothes that were flattering. That make one look taller and slimmer and more beautiful or more handsome.

There is a direct relationship in both color and mood this season in the menswear and the womenswear as men’s inspired pieces are important in the women’s collection and the softness in color and cut are often important in the men’s collection. Both collections are unified in color, mood and a certain romance”. – Mr. Tom Ford

The one thing that I can not figure out are the head coverings, but I guess thats just me.
No comments:
Post a Comment