Thursday, February 21, 2019

Birds Of Paradise - The Bowes Museum


Here are some stunning pictures from a fashion show that happened in 2015


“Birds of Paradise – Plumes and Feathers in Fashion was a tribute to the elegance of feathers used in the fashion industry past and present, featuring extravagant catwalk creations from British, Belgian, French and Italian designers including Alexander McQueen, Dries Van Noten, Jean Paul Gaultier, Thierry Mugler, Balenciaga, Prada and Gucci.”

The bowes website its written how in the past feathers in fashion were appreciated for their value and refinement. I think that in the past people were not able to create anything that came even close to the amazing color patterns that feathers have.  

They also wrote there that in today's fashion feathers represent freedom and spirituality. This I also have to say that I disagree with, feathers can have so much more meaning than that. It is wrong to make any sort of general statement like this.

One of the frases that I really liked from the write up about the expo was about a feeling of lost innocence and dark romance, even if I can not get that from the pictures I saw, I like the way it sounds.

No comments:
Post a Comment