My friends, it is time for a DIY!
Who doesn’t love a quick, fun, craft?
Recently, I told you all about those gorgeous feather frames. Well, now I’m going to teach you how to make your own!
These are so unique and so personal. No one else will have one like it. They are also the perfect gift.
So to start, buy a plane wood frame. You can find them cheap at dollar stores, craft stores, or pretty much anywhere else.
1. Remove the glass and backing, then lay flat on a newspaper.
2. Prime the frame with white paint. This will keep your layers even, and reduce the number of coats you need.
3. PAINT! This is where you get to express your creative side. Paint it all one color, stripes, flowers, hearts… whatever you like best! If you want to try something really special, you can paint an ombre blend. To do so, paint three colors, from light to dark, with a small empty space between them. Then blend the three colors with a paintbrush. Viola!
4. Let the frame dry
5. When it’s dry, attach the feather of your choosing.
6. Spray the frame with 2 coats of acrylic paint sealer. Let it dry between coats.
There it is! You’ve made your own frame! If you want to make it extra special, add glitter like this chic artist did:
If you want to spruce up an already existing frame, flip it over, and use a hot glue gun to attach your favorite kind of feathers.
This crafty mama did black on black and it came out super chic!